Monday, January 9, 2012

Book Review and Series Update


Forever
by Maggie Stiefvater
Format: Hardcover
Genre: Young Adult
Part of a series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls
Rating: 4 stars

The last of a trilogy. Or is it? As I finished this book, I found myself with a few untied loose ends. Maybe that was what the author wanted. Not that it wasn’t a good book, I guess if I was the author, I would have written the ending different.

With that said, I did enjoy the last installment. This was a great series. Sam and Grace, what an amazing couple. To think the love they had for each other in the short time and various species they were. Just amazing.

I also liked the author developing the other character relationships. Isabel and Cole. While they were never together-together, I felt like if things didn’t finish the way they did, they would definitely have hooked up.

Verdict: If you liked the Twilight series, this is a definite read. You may even find yourself liking this series better. At least I did.

2 comments :

  1. I loved Forever. The ending is so controversial. It's funny. I normally hate open endings, but I loved this one. Probably because I interpret it optimistically (although it could go either way). New follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the open ending. She leaves you in such a positive position you can wrap up the ending yourself.

      Delete