Thursday, February 23, 2012

Book Review: Happy Birthday to Me by Brian Rowe

Happy Birthday to Me
By Brian Rowe
Format: Kindle Book
Genre: Teen Fiction
Part of a series: Happy Birthday to Me Trilogy
Rating: 4.5 stars

My Summary:

You are a senior in high school with everything going for you, but discover you are aging a year every day of your life. This is Cameron Martin’s life. Cameron Martin is the star basketball player, has the popular girlfriend everyone wants, and looks perfect every day. Facial and chest hair start coming in like crazy, he gets soft in the middle and has love handles, and he finds he’s not able to performance as he has in the past. His father the plastic surgeon tries to help out and they finally get a diagnosis.


My Review:

I don’t know what I expected from this book. I think the title of the book is what intrigued me to read it and that it was a free Kindle download. It was not what I expected but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The book begins by telling you what happens right in the first chapter. The story is then the why it happened and all the circumstances surrounding Cameron’s aging.

The author has developed some great characters. Cameron’s father is a well to do plastic surgeon who is busy and gets even busier with his career. Cameron is dating the hottest senior Charisma who is an aspiring actress. His friend Wesley Craven is an amateur film maker/director. Ryan is his basketball teammate and Charisma’s ex-boyfriend.

Verdict: 4.5 stars. Awesome read! I was thoroughly intrigued and would recommend to anyone who likes a mystery, but not your usual mystery. I can't wait to finish the trilogy.

Just a word of warning: Even though it says it’s teen fiction, I would say it’s an older teen fiction, just because some of the situations and descriptive words used.

8 comments :

  1. Love your blog....your blog name is so cute...love it.

    Thanks for stopping by and following.

    I am now a new follower of your blog. :) I want to follow by e-mail but it says I am not able. Help if you can.

    Elizabeth

    Silver's Reviews

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping! I will check into the email thing and let you know.

      Delete
  2. Wesley Craven, the amateur filmaker, really? LOL. And when I read "his girlfriend Charisma, an aspiring actress, I thought of Charisma Carpenter. This seems like an interesting read, thanks for posting your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I thought the same thing. It's a very interesting read.

      Delete
  3. Hi :) I'm a new Linky follower via Parajunkee's FF! I couldn't find your FF post....but here's mine http://MissVainsParanormalFantasy.com

    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this book on a bunch of blogs and at first I thought they were announcing it ws their birthday haha. But all the reviews have been really positive I've been curious about it since. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very different, but I liked it. Thanks for stopping!

      Delete