Thursday, March 15, 2012

Book Review: Through the Grinder


By Cleo Coyle
Publish Date: October 2004
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Series: #2
Personal Rating: 2.5 stars
Buy from Amazon
Add to Goodreads
Author Link

Summary from GoodReads:
Business is booming at Clare Cosi's Village Blend, until her female customers start to die. Lieutenant Quinn is convinced that someone has an axe to grind, and, unfortunately, his prime suspect is the new man in Clare's life.

Now Clare will risk her heart--and her life--to follow the killer's trail to the bitter end.

My Review:
I borrowed this book from the library. What I liked most about this book was the dating. There was online dating to speed dating which added some fun to the book. Clare and her daughter both on the speed dating which was held upstairs. That proved very interesting. I also liked the yellow coat. It was an item that made its mark through the book. I was reading this book at the same time as listening to Origin in Death by J.D. Robb which also had a coat as a prominent item in the book. It was fun to see the story circle around this item including humor. Have you come across an interesting prominent item?
What I liked least in this cozy was the blurb from the killer’s point of view. In a heavy, deep mystery it would have its place, but in a cozy I just didn’t really care for it. At that point it just lost its cozy feeling. I enjoyed the additional history of the Village Blend.The author draws a picture of the area and I can picture the coffee shop on the corner in the hustle and bustle. I wonder if your picture is anything similar to my picture.
Recommendation: Read, but read quickly. Could skim over the killer’s insights if you thought they didn’t have a place or added too much darkness.


1 comment :

  1. Sounds like a good one. Interesting about the item. I'm sure I've come across something similar while reading, but I can't remember offhand.

    ReplyDelete