by Gemma Halliday
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Published: August 2007
Personal Rating: 4 stars
Secret affairs, hunky gardeners, and housewives desperate enough to bare it all... welcome to Magnolia Lane, TV's hottest new prime time show. A place where L.A. shoe designer Maddie Springer should be in fashion heaven. That is until the body of a rising young starlet is found dead on the show's set. Now it's up to Maddie to sift through a leading lady with a secret, an actor on the verge of a nervous breakdown, a sexy cyber scandal, and one tabloid reporter who'll stop at nothing to get the story of the century. Not to mention Maddie's hot-cold relationship with the case's familiar lead detective, Jack Ramirez. In a world where secrets, lies, and deception can earn you an Oscar, Maddie plays the role of a lifetime to catch Hollywood's hottest killer. But if she doesn't watch her step, Maddie's fifteen minutes of fame just may be her last.
Ten Fun Facts of Undercover in High Heels
1. Maddie was never a Girl Scout but did go to Catholic School.
2. Maddie still hasn’t learned her lesson to mind her own business.
3. Maddie gets a second job.
4. Maddie and Dana both have a problem telling time.
5. Just as Maddie was enlightened about a piercing spot called “the hood”, so was I.
6. A pinata, a baseball bat, and a boyfriend make for a bad combination at a birthday party.
7. Ramirez has the personality of an M&M.
8. Another way to spell hot when you’re talking about a great looking guy “H-A-W-T”.
9. Maddie’s underwire bra gives her problems after extra security measures are put in place.
10. Red lipstick is a great writing tool.
Another great book in the series. The fun and excitement continues with antics and romance.
My question: Is Maddie and her cohorts best described as Lucy and Ethel or Charlie’s Angels?
What should you read next?
Continue with this series or read Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.