Friday, June 29, 2012

Book Review: The Teacher's Billionaire

Title: Teacher's Billionaire
Author: Christina Tetreault
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 3.5 stars
Purchase: Amazon | B&N

Summary:

Callie Taylor's life is turned upside down when she learns the truth about her birth following the death of her mother. Not only is her father alive, but he's none other than presidential candidate Senator Warren Sherbrooke.


Billionaire and confirmed bachelor, Dylan Talbot, is devoted to his family. When his stepfather Warren Sherbrooke receives a letter from a past love telling him they have a daughter together, Dylan is instantly suspicious. In order to keep the media vultures away and protect Warren's political aspirations, Dylan convinces Warren to let him handle the situation.
As Callie and Dylan spend time together, they can't resist the feelings that blossom between them. However, when Callie learns the real reason he has been spending time with her their fledgling romance is put in jeopardy and only complete honesty can save it.

My Review:
I read this book as part of a blog tour for this book. It was listed as contemporary romance which is a genre I really enjoy. While this is a fairly easy/quick read, I found the beginning slow. I don't know if there was too much set up or that it was just a slower paced read in the beginning. At almost the half way point, it picked up and caught my interesting and I was turning page after page after page. The story line did follow a similar plot line as all romances, but the author was able to keep it fresh with the characters.

I did enjoy both main characters; Dylan and Callie. I liked both of them very well. I was still feeling bad for Callie having just lost her mother, however, she didn't let this keep her down and continued going forward with all that was happening. She also had a great friend who stuck by her side and helped her through the tough times; not taking over and pour pity over her, just being a good friend. I think all of the characters whether big or small in the plot line, did add great depth and interest to the story.

I was excited when we finally got to meet Jake. I liked that he was able to take charge, but not take over. I was also excited to learn at the end of the book that the second book in this series will be about Jake. Can't wait for the second book to be released!


Author Bio

I wrote my first story with characters similar to those in the Sweet Valley Twins books at the age of 10 on my grandmother's manual typewriter. As I got older my stories and characters became more mature. During my freshman year at UMass Dartmouth, I read my first romance novel and fell in love with the genre. I have been writing romance ever since.
Today I live with my husband, three beautiful daughters and two dogs in Massachusetts. Whenever I
have a free moment you'll find me either reading a romance novel or working on my most current story.





3 comments :

  1. Hi there, I just wanted to let you know I've given you the Liebster Award. I hope you accept and answer the questions here http://tubchairtimes.blogspot.ca/2012/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting a giveaway! This looks like a sweet book.

    ReplyDelete