Thursday, August 30, 2012

Book Review: Threat of Darkness by Valerie Hansen

Title: Threat of Darkness
Author: Valerie Hansen
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publish Date: June 5, 2012
Personal Rating: 3.5 stars
Amazon | GoodReads
 

About the Book:
As a nurse and special advocate for children, Samantha Rochard is used to danger in small town Serenity, Arkansas. But when she suspects a little boy is in jeopardy from his powerful father, the danger turns on her. Her only source of protection? The handsome police officer who broke her heart five years ago. Yet after John Waltham comes to her rescue in more ways than one, Samantha must trust in him-and the Lord-to watch over her...and save one sweet little boy.

My Review:
I chose to read this book as I have read several before from the Love Inspired Suspense collection of Steeple Hill. This book was definitely a quick read from beginning to end.

I liked the suspense part of the story the best. There were several twists to the story. Not knowing what the suspects were looking for I kept reading to find out where the story was going. I did have the twist figured out before the end, but it was still a good read as there was much more going on than just that specifically.

It was interesting to learn about volunteer case workers that work in the interest of an abused child. Samantha was a great character and her caring for Danny and his mom. She really supported them more than I think I would have if in that situation. Of course, her having been in that specific situation as a child would definitely make her understanding a lot greater.

The romance part of the book was okay for her. It definitely was not your sweet or sweeping romance. It was very different.

I would recommend this book to readers who have read from this collection before or those who enjoy christian fiction.

1 comment :

  1. It sounds good, I have read a handful of christian fiction.

    ReplyDelete