Saturday, September 22, 2012

Book Review: Sew Deadly

Title: Sew Deadly
Author: Elizabeth Lynn Casey
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Publish Date: August 2009
Personal Rating: 3.5 stars
Amazon | GoodReads


About the Book:
Ever since she moved to Sweet Briar, South Carolina, Yankee librarian Tori Sinclair has been the talk of the tiny town. But she's been so busy at work, winning over the sewing circle, and trying to forget her cheating ex that she hasn't even had time to baste together a pillow, let alone mind local gossip. Then she finds the hometown sweetheart dead at her back door...

Everyone believes the police investigator, who's just fixin' to link Tori to the murder in a love triangle gone bad. To clear her name, Tori will have to rely on her new sewing sisters and stitch together the truth- or be darned.

My Review:
I chose to read this book in my little cozy mystery spree. I didn’t know if I would like the theme of sewing, but it was quite a lot of fun. The group of ladies involved in the sewing circle were of different ages, stages of life, and careers.

I liked Tori the main character. I could relate to her and enjoyed the relationships that she developed as well as the ideas she had for the library. She did kind of get blindsided when given the job as library director. This provides a lot of angles to the story which I really enjoyed.

Even though I wasn’t head over heels for the book, it was a good book with good solid ideas and writing. I will definitely continue with the series. I recommend this book to all cozy readers.

1 comment :

  1. Great review and i love the catchy title. I also like that the group is made up of different ages.

    ReplyDelete