Friday, September 7, 2012

Indie Author Review: Somewhere Over the Freaking Rainbow

Title: Somewhere Over the Freaking Rainbow
Author: L.L. Muir
Genre: Young Adult
Publish Date: January 2012
Personal Rating: 4 stars
Amazon | GoodReads
About the Book:
Jamison is crushing on the new girl next door. Bad news-the neighbors are Somerleds--Amish-type cult-members killing off their own. Worse news-she's next in line for sacrifice. Jamison will have to rise above the coward he thinks he is to get to the bottom of it all.

Something is terribly wrong with Skye. She's experiencing emotions like the mortal teenager she's pretending to be. When she finally asks the right questions, she finds answers that will rock the Somerled world...

...and none of her options include Jamison, the boy who has stolen the heart she was never meant to have.


My Review:
I accepted this book for review from the author first because I loved the title and second I loved the cover. It was the previous cover, as the one above is her new cover. What do you think? The author also told me the story was about angels. I had never read a book about angels before.


This book was a fairly quick read from beginning to end. Lots of action and story to keep you turning the page. At times I felt the writing was rough, but nothing that distracted from understanding the story. The book had its suspense and romance, as well as the growing up. I would definitely classify this book as young adult, but had the suspense and romance and paranormal all going on.

I was very intrigued with the relationship Jamison had with his grandfather. This was probably the favorite part of the book for me. I could feel that Jamison loved his grandfather and would do anything for that man. I loved the Scottish accent as well. Quite fun to read.

This is the first book in a series and I think I forgot that when I started reading it, so when I got to the end, I was disappointed it didn’t end. Not that it didn’t have a good ending, it just didn’t end. Typical for a first book in a series. I definitely will be watching for the second book of this series.
I would recommend this to readers who like paranormal, mystery, and suspense in their Young Adult. And even if you don’t like Young Adult, there is still enough variety to keep you interested.

Quote from the Book:



We should tear this thing down.” The sheriff pushed on a beam that held up the roof; it didn't give an inch. Jamison grinned. “A Scotsman built it. It won’t budge unless God blows the tree down. Sir.” (Kindle Loc 6808-6831)

1 comment :

  1. hahhaha..I decided to read this post based on the title of the book and wow the cover is awesome. Despite being rough in spots this does sound good..thanks for introducing me to it!

    ReplyDelete