Saturday, September 1, 2012

Thrill Week II

 Thrill Ride Questionnaire 

 all responses relating to Genres: Mystery, Thriller, Suspense and or Horror

1) Introduce yourself

I started my blog about 9 months ago and have enjoyed every minute of it. I am a mother of one who keeps me very busy and trying to coordinate that in with blogging, I've learned a lot of give and take. I am a very eclectic reader. I read all types of romance, all types of mysteries, urban fantasy, young adult, and historical fiction. I find that I don't really like to read non-fiction or science fiction (hardcore). Those would be my only two turn offs in reading. When I was a teen, my mother quickly got me hooked on romantic suspense and mysteries from there. I have her to thank for a great genre choice.

2) What have been your top 3 reads this year? 

Staying within the Mystery, Thriller, Suspense genres my top reads this year have been:
The Innocent by David Baldacci
Stick a Fork In It by Robin Allen
Fifteen Digits by Nick Santora

3) What are you currently reading during Thrill Week?

I will definitely read a cozy, as that is my habit currently, not exactly sure which one yet as I have a stack of them from the library. I will then definitely read a romantic suspense, Sweet Vengeance by Cindy Stark.

 4) Do you have an all time favourite cover in the genres above?
  
 
 5) What debut author(s) or new to you author(s) have you read within the last 12 months that have impressed you?

Nick Santora - Fifteen Digits
I grabbed this one off Netgalley because the synopsis intrigued me. The book did not disappoint.

Joya Fields - Beneath the Surface is her debut into Romantic Suspense. She definitely has something going on with suspense.

J.T. Ellison was a new to me author that I had been meaning to read for a long time and finally read Deeper Darkness and loved it.

6) Favourite trilogy or series you recommend to others to read in the genres above?

Staying on the light side of things, I loved Gemma Halliday's High Heels Mystery series. If you're not in the mood for dark with your mystery, give these a try.

Spying in High Heels
Killer in High Heels
Undercover in High Heels
Alibi in High Heels
Mayhem in High Heels
 
7) What popular author(s) have you NOT read but is on your Wishlist?

Anne Perry is one I have not read that appears every where I read recommendations. I'm not sure if she is the style I like, but would definitely like to read one to decide for sure. Suggest to me, if you have read this author, which book you would recommend as a first read.

8) Other than blogs, share with us what other tools you use or subscribe to in order to keep up with the latest news on authors, new releases, book tours, etc? 

I love Goodreads for keeping up. Joining specific groups for genres, I learn many things and read new little tidbits. I've also enjoyed reading Suspense Magazine for keeping in the loop specifically to the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller genres.

 9) What current book is hyped among the blogosphere that you want to read or are not interested in? Why or why not or link your review if you have read it.

I am currently intrigued by this one as it has reviews all over the scale. I found this similar situation with Beautiful Disaster and that has been one of my all time favorites this year.

10) What is most important in these genres to you? Plot, characters, location, dialogue, red herrings, narrator or what mix of them?

Location and characters are probably the most important to me. Create me a unique character or one I can identify with, and then throw him/her into a bizarre location, I am all over that. I think that is why I loved the Millenium series so much is I was so intrigued with the character Lisbeth Salander. She definitely made that series what it was for me.

11) Recommend a book made into a movie you thought both were good? 
 
This one is difficult for me as I rarely watch a movie after reading a book and vice versa. I'm am usually not impressed with the depiction and compare too much to enjoy, so I'm going to have to pass on this question/answer.

12) Recommend a book you would like to discuss with others and possibly the author? 

For this particular question, I am going to have to suggest:
Sandra Brown, Chill Factor or Ricochet

6 comments :

  1. Sandra Brown used to be one of my favourite authors, I should try a new one.

    JT Ellison series gets better each book, give them a try.

    I have never heard of Steven James but I love the covers, now those are great thriller type covers.

    I had no idea you started 9 months ago, I really enjoy your blog.

    Thanks for participating, hope you add lots to your TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading cozy mysteries this time of year. I am curious about Girl Gone because Dark Places is so well received -- but I wonder if I will like it or not. The reviews are all over the board, which makes me a bit nervous that I will be in the 'not like' category.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Beautiful Disaster! Reviewed it as well, just a great book. I haven't read a cozy yet, I have one on my kindle, I need to get to it : )

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to check out Gemma Halliday!

    Thanks!!


    Here are my answers to the questionnaire!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm stopping by to celebrate Thrill Week ll.

    I have never heard of your top three but have added them to my wishlist now. Gone Girl is excellent and I recommend it!

    I am looking forward to reading your reviews this week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the end of this week I'm going to have a huge list of books I need to read, like the High Heels mysteries.

    ReplyDelete