Thursday, October 4, 2012

Book Review: Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

Title: Bloodfever
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Publish Date: October 2007

Amazon | GoodReads
About the Book:
I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets. . . .

In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.
 My Review:
This was a re-read for me in my effort to finish the series. I previously had read book one and two, but it’s been over a year (maybe longer) since finishing both of them. I decided to re-read one and two so I could finish the series and begin the new linking series to be released the end of October. I don’t know that I will finish the series before then, but hopefully not too long after.

I enjoyed this re-read. The first time I read this book, I just didn’t click with it, and maybe that’s why I put the series down for so long. I am glad I read it again. It was a quick read for me and I thoroughly enjoyed the new elements, characters, and romance. This book is where we are introduced to Dani who is the main character in the new linking series and the book Iced to be released October 30, 2012. I can’t wait to see more of her character in the rest of the books.

I understood the Fae elements better this time around and enjoyed getting a better grasp on the world building. I like the slow building romance between Barrons and Mac. He’s still so secretive and dark that I’m intrigued.

Definitely continuing on. I recommend this book to urban fantasy readers and romance readers.


 
 
 

3 comments :

  1. I really need to read this series, and your re-read review has encouraged me to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good series. Sometimes I do need to re-read the first books in a series as well if it's been a while since I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Glad you tried again and enjoyed it the second time around. The 5 books in this series are my all time favorite books. The world building is just so in depth and magical, I love to submerse myself in the Fever world! I hope you enjoy the rest of the series as well, especially Shadowfever :)

    If you like that, try her Highlander series as well. Particularly Kiss of the Highlander and Immortal Highlander, they're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete