Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Forbidden Life by Kimberly Kinrade

Title: Forbidden Life
Author: Kimberly Kinrade
Genre: Young Adult
Publish Date: October 15, 2012

About the Book:

A sinister force waits for them in darkness, ready to devour their powers and take their lives. Sam's baby is the key to a lock that must never be opened. To keep her child safe, Sam will do anything.

Drake might have found a way to get his powers back and save his family, at what cost?

Luke and Lucy uncover secrets in an organization they thought they could trust, and the lives of all Rent-A-Kid children are at stake.

In this last Forbidden Trilogy installment, the secrets to Rent-A-Kid will finally be revealed.


My Review:
I was surprised how different this book was from the other two. I did not enjoy it as much at times, but at other times I thought it was just as good.

I didn’t enjoy it first because it did become so very sci-fi, and that is definitely not my genre. Second, I think its level of intensity was completely different and threw me off from the story. Last, it seemed to me that the book was now the level of an adult book and as I had previously recommended this book to 12 years old and older, I definitely would have to say, no one under 18 should read this book.

All in all, I did enjoy where the story was headed. Being outside of the school did create for some different settings and involvement with new characters. The fact that Sam and Drake were separated and trying to find themselves back together. This put them in situations of depending on others and created new relationships. Not only Sam and Drake, but Luke and Lucy were now finding themselves involved with others and this was not okay at times with one another. Oh, and without giving away too much, they did find an old friend.

In wrapping up this trilogy and this particular review, I would recommend this book to readers who previously read books one and two and who definitely enjoy sci-fi. I would use caution in recommending this to anyone under 18.



NOTE: my married name is Karpov-Kinrade, but my books are published as just Kinrade

Kimberly Kinrade was born with ink in her veins and magic in her heart. She writes fantasy and paranormal stories for children, YA and adults and still believes in magic worlds. Check out her YA paranormal novels Forbidden Mind and Forbidden Fire and her illustrated children's fantasy chapter books Lexie World, and Bella World, all on Amazon.

She lives with her three little girls who think they're ninja princesses with super powers, her two dogs who think they're humans and her husband, also known as the sexy Russian Prince, who is the love of her life and writing partner.

For a list of her books, check out:
http://Amazon.com/author/kimberlykinrade

For a fun fan experience, join the team at I.P.I. at http://IPIAcademy.com

For kids and parents of young kids, join the Lost Kids at http://ThreeLostKids.com

BUY NOW:

Amazon Kindle copy

ONLINE LINKS:
· Website http://KimberlyKinrade.com
· Twitter: @KimberlyKinrade
· IPI Twitter: @IPIAcademy
· Facebook: /KimberlyKinrade
· IPI Facebook: /IPIAcademy


2 comments :

  1. Thank you for taking the time to read and review the whole trilogy. I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete