Friday, January 4, 2013

Book Review: The Next Always by Nora Roberts

Title: The Next Always (Inn Boonsboro Trilogy #1)
Author: Nora Roberts
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publish Date: November 2011
Personal Rating: 3.5 stars

About the Book:
The historic hotel in BoonsBoro, Maryland, has endured war and peace, changing hands, even rumored hauntings. Now it's getting a major facelift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother. As the architect of the family, Beckett's social life consists mostly of talking shop over pizza and beer. But there's another project he's got his eye on: the girl he's been waiting to kiss since he was fifteen...

My Review:
I have to be honest, in the beginning I was bored and was not enjoying this book at all. I pressed myself to continue and glad I did as the ending was amazing. I’m not sure why I didn’t like it in the beginning, as I love Nora Roberts trilogies. The only thing I can think of is that there was a lot of set-up and not a lot of characters engaging until near the end.

This book is a typical Nora Roberts, but with her suspense and paranormal inserts the book was awesome. While I don’t believe in ghosts, I absolutely love how the ghost played into the storyline. I also liked that the women were older and that Clare was a single widowed mother with kids. Tying them into the story and the fun games they had with Beckett, were very enjoyable. However, I think Ryder is my favorite of the Montgomery brothers and I cannot wait until I can read his story.

I recommend this book to readers of Nora Roberts romance trilogies. If you have not read this author before, I don’t recommend starting with this trilogy/book. There are several other better trilogies and standalones IMO. See my post on In The Garden Trilogy review.

Links:
 
 

1 comment :

  1. This started off slow for me too, but the next two books were good, I love the ghost!

    ReplyDelete