Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (Jan 22)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a question or theme is given and bloggers are encouraged to create a Top Ten list. Anyone is welcome to join. Just link up at The Broke and the Bookish and check out all other participants Top Ten lists for the week. It's a fun way to get to know other bloggers and learn interesting facts about them, books, and characters. 

This week's topic:

Settings I'd Like To See More Of (Or At All) --- (maybe you want read more books set in space or books set in Alaska or the beach)
 
1. Upper East Coast of the United States, along the beaches - similar to setting found in Diane Chamberlain’s Before the Storm

 
2. I did like the Alaska setting in Nora Roberts Northern Lights, so maybe some more similar to that
 

3. I’ve read several, but I do need to read more historical setting, but specifically around England and Ireland, time period 1500 to 1600. A few fun books that I have read similar to this is Unleashed Trilogy (first book is Unwilling) by Kerrigan Byrne and Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander.
 

4. I loved the setting in Cera’s Place by Elizabeth McKenna so more on the West Coast in the 1800s.
 

5. With my new favorite genre being New Adult, I would say more settings in college towns, college campus, etc. Similar to Beautiful Disaster. These would be also similar to Karen Kingsbury’s settings.






4 comments :

  1. A good list -- I love books set in Alaska, and more along the upper east coast (except NY, which does get used a lot) might be nice, such as Delaware, Rhode Island, Conn, Maine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, books set in Alaska - such an amazing setting. I wish I could go there. Someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list. Books set in college towns are so fun to read.

    ReplyDelete