Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Guest Post by Noree Cosper (Urban Fantasy)

Today I have author Noree Cosper on the blog sharing her thoughts on why she chose to write Urban Fantasy. Read for more info and then check out her books and links! Thanks Noree :)

When I was a child, I could see fairies. They flitted about in the woods where I lived. I always had an active imagination. I used to be scared that a panther would break through my window in the middle of the night. No, there weren’t any panthers remotely close to where I loved, but I was four at the time. We lived on several acres of land and I loved exploring it. Every day, I was on an adventure. Anyway, we moved from that house and the bedroom, land, and fairies were gone.
I grew up reading fairy tales and moved onto fantasy as I grew older. I used to daydream that I was secretly a princess (blame Disney) that was brought from my world to this one for my protection. I’m adopted, so to me it was a possibility. In my adolescence I turned to the darker aspects such as vampires, werewolves, and witches. I wanted so much to believe that magic and these creatures existed in the modern world. (And I still was holding out for that princess job.) I turned to Anne Rice. When Laurell K. Hamilton brought out the Anita Blake series, I fell in love. I have parted ways with Anita, but others have risen to take her place.
My love for reading expanded to other avenues: roleplaying, where I could chose the character I wanted to be and interact with others in a world filled with magic, danger, and the supernatural, and writing, where I could put the daydreams in my head on paper. The first story I remember was once for my English class in middle school. While others had a page or two, I wrote ten. It was about a girl with a ring that could grant wishes given to her by the man who kidnapped her sister (though she didn’t know that). It had a really dark twist, but the message was be grateful for what you have. I’ve written many other stories since then, some finished and some not, but I will always remember that on. I became an Urban Fantasy writer because I wanted to write the stories I loved most: modern dark fairy tales.

A Prescription for Delirium

Ninety years ago, Gabriella di Luca promised to protect the family of her dying lover. She failed to keep that promise. She was too far away to stop the devil that murdered the eldest Van Helsing son. Years later, Gabby learns the devil has resurfaced. She arrives in Hampton, TX, determined to stop the devil before it can lay a bloody hand on the remaining three brothers.
However, madness is spreading through Hampton. She suspects the devil is using this madness to test a drug which has a side effect of demonic possession. Gabby rushes to end the source of the madness only to fall victim to it. For a woman cursed with eternal life, dying is no threat. However, Gabby must stop the devil's plot or risk losing her most precious possession: her mind.

Buy Yours Now:



About Noree

Noree Cosper loves writing about magic in the modern world. While growing up in Texas she constantly searched for mystical elements in the mundane. She buried her nose in both fiction and books about Wicca, Religion, and Mythology. Everyday became an adventure as she joined a group of role-players, acting out her fantasies of vampires, demons, and monsters living in the world.
She embraced her nerdom wholeheartedly.
Noree grew, but never left her love for fantasy and horror. Her dreams pushed her and her hand itched to write the visions she saw. So, with her fingers on the keys, she did what her heart had been telling her to do since childhood. She wrote.

Connect with Noree

No comments :

Post a Comment