Monday, March 25, 2013

Cozy Monday Book Review: Affairs of Steak

Title: Affairs of Steak
Author: Julie Hyzy
Series: A White House Chef Mystery
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Publish Date: January 3, 2012
Personal Rating: 4 Stars

About the Book:
White House chef Olivia Paras and her arch nemesis, White House Sensitivity Director Peter Everett Sargeant, must work together to solve the double murder of one of the First Lady's assistants and the Chief of Staff-before they become the next victims of a merciless assassin with a secret agenda.


My Review:
It had been a while since I read this series, so I was quite thrilled when I picked up book 5 in this series. I enjoyed this book just as much as the others. The author has created such a great character with Olivia that is makes all the stories fun and exciting. I also enjoyed getting to know character Sargeant quite a bit better as well. A few of his edges do seem to soften a bit.

The crime was intriguing and it took awhile for me to figure out who did it. As Ollie goes to help, it seems that many of the security are secretly glad for her help. I also have to say that the ending does leave you hanging.

If you haven’t read a fun cozy mystery series in while, you should definitely try this one. All of the characters and crimes are very enjoyable. This series is highly recommended.

Links:

2 comments :

  1. i want to read a mystery/crime book. should i buy all he books of this seiries? thank you :)<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would just start with one or two. Then decide if you want to buy the rest of the series.

      Delete