Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Guest Post by Michelle Grey

I’m Michelle Grey and I send greetings from the Midwest US. Thank you for the opportunity to share a little bit about my debut romantic suspense, Dangerous Ally, with your readers and fans at A Date With a Book.
Dangerous Ally is the story of Lacey Jordan. When we’re introduced to her, she’s expecting dinner, and hopefully, an engagement announcement. Not her own, of course. After two serious screw-ups, she’s all but sworn off relationships. But when she arrives at her father’s house to celebrate his future happiness, he’s nowhere to be found.


As the hours pass, the worst scenarios Lacey’s mind can conjure send her rushing into action. But the reality is even more frightening as she discovers that her father’s recent scientific breakthrough is one that people would kill for. To make matters worse, the source of the information is the one person she’d hoped to never see again.


Caleb Mansfield, her father’s former protégé and her former lover, needs Lacey’s cooperation, and the very trust he’d stolen years before. But Lacey can’t be certain if Caleb’s working with her or against her.
Running out of time, she has nowhere else to turn. As the trail leading to her father narrows, Lacey becomes a target, risking her life to save him. Too late, she understands that with Caleb back in her life, she’s risking her heart as well.


I’ve always been a voracious reader, especially historical romance and contemporary romantic suspense. But two important events inspired me to follow my long-time dream of becoming a novelist. First, in 2007, my mother passed away from an aggressive form of cancer. At the time, I wondered if there were any dreams in her life that went unfulfilled because she assumed she’d get to it “someday”, or at some point she decided they weren’t worth pursuing. So I started playing around with a germ for a story.


Then second, in 2009, I was diagnosed with, and through God’s grace gained victory over, ovarian cancer. Wow, talk about a wake-up call. Was I going to pursue my dream of becoming an author or let it die on the vine? Feeling very much like I’d been given a second chance at life, I decided to move from thinking about getting my debut novel done (at the point I had a very scary rough draft) to getting outside myself and my limited expertise to find like-minded people who would make me a better craftsman.


So I joined a local chapter of RWA and connected with many wonderful people, two of whom became my critique partners early on and we still work together today. Through revisions and edits galore, along with reshaped ideas and plot line variations, I am releasing a novel that I’m incredibly proud to have written.
I hope my novel brings pleasure to my readers. I also hope that my personal story, in some small way, motivates you to evaluate for yourself if there are any hidden passions on the shelf of your life just waiting for a catalyst to turn them into reality.


Come visit me and my critique partners anytime at www.threewritersofromance.com

Michelle Grey

Picture
Deep down inside, I've always been a writer. Since high school (or maybe even before then) I knew that, at some point in my life, I'd fulfill the desires of  my heart and put pen to paper to create the stories behind the characters lingering in my mind.
Life events a few years ago led me to do just that. In short, I realized that every day, every year is a gift. And, as the cliche goes, there was no time like the present to begin my journey as an author.

Romance is as integral to me as eating or breathing. It's just who I am. Most successful authors will tell you to write what you love to read. So for me, that's romantic fiction, specifically romantic suspense.

I love taking my characters to the brink of disaster, into the middle of life or death situations, and then watching them overcome and arrive on the other side - alive and in love.
   
My hope is that you enjoy my stories and that, at the end, you wish there was one more chapter so you could stay connected to the people you've come to care about.

No comments :

Post a Comment