Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a question or theme is given and bloggers are encouraged to create a Top Ten list. Anyone is welcome to join. Just link up at The Broke and the Bookish and check out all other participants Top Ten lists for the week. It's a fun way to get to know other bloggers and learn interesting facts about them, books, and characters.

This week is the topic Books I thought I would Like More or Less than I did. Here goes:

Wake by Abria Mattina
This was my first read of an indie author and I did not love the cover. However, I accepted to review the book by the author and definitely learned do not judge a book by its cover. I thought this book was amazing.

The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain
This was a book recommendation from my friend and now pretty much read anything she recommends to me now. Very intense read!

The Santa Shop by Tim Greaton
I thought it was just going to be another holiday book. Can be read any time of the year. Great mystery and suspense, with an awesome morale of the story.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
It was a classic, I didn’t know what to expect. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
DiSemblance by Shanae Branham
This was another book I read by author review request. I am not really a fantasy or sci-fi reader, but the premise of the summary had me very intrigued. I liked this book more than I thought I would. 

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Very popular book at it's time, but I just found I could not get into the book at all.

Talk of the Town by Lisa Wingate
I had read several other of her books which were amazing and this one totally disappointed me. I could not finish it. :(

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer 
I just lost interest at this book in the series. Was very disappointed.

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Not one of my favorites in the series. I had really enjoyed the series up to this book and could have done without.

Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas
She is such a loved romance writer and I just did not like this book. Maybe it was the wrong book.

2 comments :

  1. I felt the same way about Eclipse. I pretty much lost interest in the series from then on. :(

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird is really good and I think more people should read it. Happy Reading!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete