Thursday, May 9, 2013

Book Review: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Title: Me Before You
Author: Jojo Moyes
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publish Date: January 5, 2012
Personal Rating: 4.5 Stars

About the Book:
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


My Review:
This book came as a suggestion from a coworker. I loaded it onto my Kindle and began reading. I was quickly drawn in at the beginning, as the prologue had me hooked. As I continued to read, I felt the story just went along without a lot of ups and downs. I also wasn’t sure what it was that my coworker saw in this book. However, as I continued to read and reach near the very end, I definitely connected with the book. There is so much at the end that is revealed that reels you back through all of the happenings of the story. .

I loved all of the characters, not so much in that I liked them all, but that I could definitely identify with each and everyone. Lou’s family was a great addition to her story with Will. And Will’s family, obviously a very different socioeconomic type family, was also a great addition to his story. The depth that these characters brought to the story, the story itself unfolded without a lot of action.

This is definitely an author I am wanting to read more from. However, my hang up is which book? I’m afraid I’ll pick the wrong one and be very disappointed and would love to have another great read. If you’ve read anything else or have any knowledge as to the other books by Jojo Moyes, leave me a comment.

I recommend this book to readers of all types of fiction. While it is listed as a romance, it is much more with all of the family and social issues that are presented throughout the book.

Links:


No comments :

Post a Comment