Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Trouble with Beaches... by Kristi Ahlers



Hi my name is Kristi Ahlers and thank you so much for letting me stop by and share with you and your readers my latest release in my Trouble Series, the Trouble with Beaches. This is the sixth book in my novella series but it’s also a stand-alone quick read. I love writing my novellas, and I hope that this is translated to the readers.


THE TROUBLE WITH BEACHES…
Anne has just opened her own business--tour guides of San Francisco. her first tour is booked quickly with four lovely elderly ladies who want to see the top attractions. Easy, right? Well, when Anne and her stuck-in-the-60s driver, Gunther, arrive to collect the bitties, Anne learns several lessons rather quickly, including: never judge a book by its cover, never underestimate the elderly, and maybe love at first sight is a real thing.

Dean, an architect from the Windy City, thinks this tour will be a great way to spend some quality time with his dear old grandmother. The moment he sets eyes on Anne, something gets him going. It's not long before he realizes what that something is. He pushes her buttons every chance he gets, playing a fine line between totally ticking her off and getting her to melt into him. It's not long before both realize what's really happening here. And leave it to the bitties to stir the proverbial!

I love writing about things that I’ve experienced or seen. You never know where the next great story idea is going to come from! Beaches was actually inspired by a trip I took with my sister several years ago. Although we’re both California Girls one of the things we do when I come home to visit is play tourist in San Francisco. I’m a former flight attendant and let me tell you the characters you meet while flying the friendly skies. This job was perfect for me. It allowed me to travel, and it fueled my creative energy. There were several nights I’d get to my hotel room and before I could sleep I would have to take time to get a scene down in a notebook. 

I grew up loving to read, in fact I can’t remember a time I didn’t have a book with me. The summer I read Gone with the Wind was the summer I got hooked on historical saga’s and romance. From that moment on I would inhale any romance I could get my hands on. Soon it wasn’t long before I decided one day I would be a writer. Life kinda got in the way of my aspiring writing dreams—for a short time anyhow. Then I was living in England and the characters who’d been whispering to me for years finally found their voices and whispers turned to outright shouts! I caught the end of a program on the UK history channel and that was the spark I needed to jumpstart my creativity and the storyline I’d been searching for, for these characters was formed. I’ve been writing ever since. The biggest hurdles I think I’ve encountered while writing is making time to find a balance between work, family and writing. I think over the years I’ve managed to find that happy balance. In truth my success is due a great deal to family and friends and their understanding of when the muse is upon me. 
 
Reading should always be an entertaining escape and I make sure to always include love, romance, friendship and humor in my stories. Things that make a life worth living. I hope you will take a journey with me and my books. 

Kristi Ahlers is a California girl! She grew up in Northern California in a small city called Yuba City. Since then she’s lived in Brussels, Belgium, and England along with a myriad of other locations. A former flight attendant, she was able to continue to feed her love of travel. This has greatly influenced her writing, allowing her to pen stories about places she’s managed to visit and things she’s experienced. Kristi loves to hear from her readers and can be reached at Kristi.ahlers@gmail.com or visit her at her virtual home at www.kristiahlers.com 

No comments :

Post a Comment