Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Tough Subjects

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a question or theme is given and bloggers are encouraged to create a Top Ten list. Anyone is welcome to join. Just link up at The Broke and the Bookish and check out all other participants Top Ten lists for the week. It's a fun way to get to know other bloggers and learn interesting facts about them, books, and characters.



May 14: Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects

When I first started making this list I thought it would all be Jodi Picoult books. I have read several of hers and thoroughly enjoyed them and immediately thought of her for this topic. However, as I perused my Goodreads shelves I found several others that I enjoyed and fit this topic well.

1. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult - a book dealing with school shootings
2. The Pact by Jodi Picoult - a book about teen suicide
3. House Rules by Jodi Picoult- a book about Aspergers

Both of the next books deal with overall relationships; love, hurt, and pain

6. Before the Storm by Diane Chamberlain - a book about neglect, trust, and support
7. The Shack by William P. Young - a religious book about forgiveness
8. Tending Roses by Lisa Wingate - a book about aging
9. Drenched in Light by Lisa Wingate - a book about drugs
10. Ultimate Gift by Jim Stovall - a book about inheritance

1 comment :

  1. I really enjoyed Nineteen Minutes and The Shack. Both books really made me think and were fueled with intense emotion.

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete