Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a question or theme is given and bloggers are encouraged to create a Top Ten list. Anyone is welcome to join. Just link up at The Broke and the Bookish and check out all other participants Top Ten lists for the week. It's a fun way to get to know other bloggers and learn interesting facts about them, books, and characters.


Today's topic: Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book 
(thanks to Karin at My Life In Books for this topic & graciously letting us use it)

In addition to a great cover, I will also pick up a book if it is a topic that has appealed to me in the past. The following are ten topics that will cause me to “read the back of the book” to see if I may even be interested in opening the cover.

1. Cowboys, especially when associated with romances. 



2. Time Travel (however no fantasy) This topic has appealed to me in the past with The Time Traveler’s Wife as well as Outlander series. 


3. Cozy Mystery, even if I am not familiar with the author I will definitely read the synopsis. The covers of these books always grab my attention.


4. Bestseller, just have to take a look and see what all the hype is about. It’s about half and half that I will actually read bestsellers, unless of course it’s a tried and true author.

5. Celtic, love that time period and usually with romance it definitely grabs my attention.



6. Tome, I am a sucker for big books. It amazes me that an author can write such a large book, especially when it is good, i.e. Outlander series.

7. Scheme, a type of scheming involved in the mystery. I have been a reader of David Baldacci, but it was his earlier books that had more of the schemes in the plots. Now I just read his books because of his name.


8. Family Drama, I enjoy a book that has twisting and turning family relationship plots. Diane Chamberlain is an example with her books that are very drama based and certain around relationship involvements.


9. Series, If it’s a series, I always check it out because if it’s good, there are usually additional books that are great in the series. Especially true when you don’t have to start at the beginning, but can go back for additional fun.

10. Forensics, early reading of mine I absolutely fell in love with Iris Johansen, Kathy Reichs, and Patricia Cornwell. These books are usually my style of reading for mystery and crime books.


1 comment :

  1. I haven't read any of these books before. I would pick up anything with the word 'forensic' in the description, too!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete