Friday, June 28, 2013

Book Connections: Immortal Rules and Chronicles of Narnia

Welcome to Book Connections. A feature that will be brought to you at least twice a month. This feature will share thoughts and ideas about “connections” made while reading books. How many times when reading a book has it connected you to another book, a movie, a game or anything else? What was the connection you had? Was it a book you had already read? Did you look for information about it further or consider purchasing it? Will you watch the movie or play the game? 

The Immortal Rules - Chronicles of Narnia


Okay, not specifically stated but definitely referenced. Tell me if I’m wrong.

Quote from Immortal Rules:
“I recognized it instantly. It was a made up story, a fantasy, the tale of four kids who went through a magic wardrobe and found themselves in a strange new world.” (Kindle Location 106-107)

A series of seven books. The first book is The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe where we meet the four kids Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy. They do have a magical wardrobe that takes them on all sorts of adventures.   

I read the first book when I was younger. While I am definitely not a fantasy lover, as I’ve stated many times, this series was perfect for my interest. And my first take at fantasy. A classic for Kids IMO. I found this on Goodreads and found it very interesting: The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis, is one of the very few sets of books that should be read three times: in childhood, early adulthood, and late in life. Maybe it’s definitely time for a re-read.

In 2005, a movie adaptation was made of book one. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363771/
I did see this movie and enjoyed it okay. There were some obvious differences, but it had been so longer since I had read the book it wasn’t as annoying as I get with other book to movie adaptation.

There have also been movie adaptations of books two and three.

I thoroughly enjoyed Immortal Rules and you can read my review here


I really enjoy making a connection in a book outside of the story. Time to reminisce and remember things we’ve done and maybe forgotten.

Have you found any book connections lately?

No comments :

Post a Comment