Friday, July 12, 2013

Book Connections: Janet Evanovich and Lois Winston

Welcome to Book Connections. A feature that will be brought to you at least twice a month. This feature will share thoughts and ideas about “connections” made while reading books. How many times when reading a book has it connected you to another book, a movie, a game or anything else? What was the connection you had? Was it a book you had already read? Did you look for information about it further or consider purchasing it? Will you watch the movie or play the game? 


 While reading Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun by Lois Winston, I came across the following line:

“I sank my toes into the warm sand and my mind into the latest of Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum books.”

I absolutely love when I connect with a book within a book. There are a lot of novels mentioned by name in other books. It means a lot more to me if I have actually read the book because I think I get the full connection and not necessarily just a suggestion of another book to read.

After reading this line, I was quickly taken back to my reading of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I thoroughly enjoy this series, even up through book nineteen, and I'm probably one of the few still reading it. That's okay, I enjoy a fluff book every once in a while and I'm not usually disappointed by this series.

Having read all of them to date, I am still a Team Ranger fan, but definitely not sure who Stephanie herself should choose. As stated in the quote from the cozy above, I also like to lose myself in these books. Their funny, humorous, and a little bit risque. These books are definitely brain candy and not food for thought.

Obviously making way through the series, some books are better than others, however, I think to have the complete picture of Ranger and Morelli, Grandma Mazur, and many others, readers should definitely begin at the beginning and make their way through.


The author has recently published a couple books in a new series. I have not had a chance to read them yet. Have you read any of the Lizzy & Diesel series? Would you recommend??

My reviews of the Stephanie Plum series:
Explosive Eighteen
Notorious Nineteen

 

No comments :

Post a Comment