Monday, October 28, 2013

Cozy Monday Book Review ~ Front Page Fatality by LynDee Walker

We’re visiting Richmond, VA today. It will be a busy visit with exploding boats, dead bodies, and Nicey’s regular court schedule. We also get to meet her nemesis Charlie and “big Boss” Les. I’m not sure if I’m real fond of Les, but Nicey definitely knows how to handle him. 



Title: Front Page Fatality
Series: Headlines in High Heels Mysteries #1
Author: LynDee Walker
Publish Date: January 29, 2013
Publisher: Henery Press
Source: Purchase

Links:


After reading book two, I decided to go back and grab book one. I thought it would be slower with a lot of set up and reiterate a lot of what I knew. That was not the case. This book begins as if the series has been going on prior to this book and I loved it. Page turner and entertainer!

Characters: Definitely missed the relationship between Bob and Nicey in Book Two. This book really shows how they connected and why they interact the way they do. We also learn how Joey and Nicey meet.  The Telegraph’s big sports fan and writer seems a little off. Not sure if I really connected with him in this book and I’m glad I read book two prior to book one to form a better opinion of him. Not so much my favorite character in this book.

Location and Setting: This book played up a lot of the river that was close by and the warehouses around there. Definitely added to the story and I could envision Nicey taking her trips to and around these places.

Crime: This was a difficult one to pinpoint. I was completely lost at one point and thought, there’s no way I know who could have done this. Big surprise! Very well done and crafted. I love Nicey as a sleuth and think she is pretty intelligent in her exploration of all the possibilities. I can definitely connect with Nicey and her fond relationship with Google.

Romance: Not a lot in this first book. Wasn’t really needed, but you could see where some of the sparks might have started the romance in book two.

Read others thoughts:
Maria's Bookshelf
Literary, etc.

LynDee Walker grew up in the land of stifling heat and amazing food most people call Texas, and wanted to be Lois Lane from the time she could say the words “press conference.” An award-winning journalist, LynDee traded cops and deadlines for burp cloths and onesies when her oldest child was born. Writing the Headlines in High Heels mysteries gives her the best of both worlds.
LynDee is a member of Sisters in Crime and James River Writers. Her debut novel, FRONT PAGE FATALITY, is an amazon new humor #1 bestseller. The second book in the Headlines in High Heels mysteries, BURIED LEADS, will be on sale October 15, 2013.

LynDee adores her family, her readers, and enchiladas. She often works out tricky plot points while walking off the enchiladas. She lives in Richmond, Virginia, where she is working on her next novel.


1 comment :

  1. Thanks so much for the lovely review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. :)

    ReplyDelete