Friday, October 4, 2013

Cozy Weekend with Josi Kilpack ~ Rocky Road Blog Tour


Today we’re visiting St. George in Southern Utah, amid the red rocks and warm heat. If the case doesn’t take Sadie too long to investigate, hopefully we can visit the church that is built like an inverted boat or drive into Pine Valley. We will definitely not be hungry as we gorge ourselves on funeral potatoes and fry sauce.


After being talked into looking at a few photos and other information, Sadie’s friend and an acquaintance talk her into looking into a missing person. This person just happens to be a well-respected cancer doctor in the area and many are just sick about his disappearance. Sadie does some sweet talking and convinces her friends to take the information and photos to the police and leave the investigation up to them. Sadie soon finds herself back at the police department being commended for her history in solving cases and asking for her help on the case anyways.


   Title: Rocky Road
Author: Josi S. Kilpack
Publish Date: September 10, 2013
Publisher: Deseret Book | Shadow Mountain
Source: eARC from Publisher

Links:


This was my second book by this author and this series. I absolutely loved this book so much more than Baked Alaska. This book has prompted me to definitely go and find the earlier books of this series and read them.


Characters: I think Sadie is a cool, calm, collected sleuth. Very knowledgeable. I liked that she was trying to talk others out of being involved in the investigation when she normally, like all sleuths, is getting themselves involved and others are trying discourage it. I liked Caro and how she calmly was involved, especially with her difficult position between Sadie and Tess.


Location and Setting: This is my home state. I thought the author very well described Southern Utah. The dry heat, the beautiful red rocks, and the beautiful mountains not too far away. I loved the recipes as many of them are down home cooking for me. Love that fry sauce!


Crime: This was a great whirlwind. When I thought things were winding down, I was totally surprised with the outcome. I also thought Sadie was an excellent sleuth even with her being the “lead” investigator.

Read what other Reviewers thought:
A View from My Window
Wakela's World
Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks



 Author Josi S. Kilpack

Born and raised in Salt Lake City Utah, I met my husband in high-school–well, he wasn’t my husband then, just the cute guy in weight training with the permed mullet–and we married in 1993. I wrote my first book while on bed rest with my third child and have gone on to publish 20 novels, the most recent being part of The Sadie Hoffmiller Culinary Mystery Series.

I currently live in Willard, Utah with my husband, children, and cat.




1 comment :

  1. I like the idea that the sleuth was trying to talk folks out of investigating too. I get tired of the trope of the amateur detective talking him/herself onto all the cases.

    ReplyDelete