Photo Credit: Lentina_X
Joining in the fun found over at Book Vixen. I have another Thirteen List.
With today being Halloween, I thought it would be fun to look at superstitions.
13 Superstitions I find really interesting
- Drop a Fork or Spoon - a Man or Woman will visit (It’s probably just your mom or dad getting after you for messing around.)
- If a bird flies into your house a death will occur soon. (But don’t we have bird flu.)
- If you step on a crack you’ll break your mother’s back. (I don’t know that I ever believed this, but definitely entertaining to avoid the cracks on your walk home from school.)
- When leaves on trees turn up, a storm is coming.
- Never ticket a baby’s feet or it will create a stuttering child.
- If you borrowed salt from someone, you should return the favor with sugar or bad luck would follow.
- If your nose or ears itch, then someone is talking about you. (I know I hear this one all the time.)
- When your palm itches, it means you will come into money. (Too bad that’s not true.)
- Never say Thank You when someone gives you a plant or it will die. (That’s the reason I’m not a great green thumb. I just need to learn to be ignorant.)
- Two deaths in the community will be followed by a third. (I’m sorry, but I do have to say I tend to believe this one.)
- If you sweep under someone’s feet, they will never marry.
- If all the food on the table is eaten, then tomorrow will be a clear day. (Maybe that’s why our parents wanted us to finish all of our food and why Dad cleaned everyone’s plate.)
- Never begin a task on Friday that you can’t finish that week or expect ill. (Maybe that’s why we get to read in bed sick on Monday all day.)
I found a lot of these on : http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mtnties/signs.html
What is one superstition you find interesting?