Monday, January 20, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (3)

This is a meme hosted by Sheila every Monday over at Book Journey. This is a great networking opportunity for others and to find more books to read. We all know we need help with that! Well probably not, but I do find that I can find bloggers with similar reading interests if I participate. 

This week I'm reading:
About the book: Yoga instructor Kate Davidson tries to live up to yoga's Zen-like expectations, but it's not easy while struggling to keep her small business afloat or dodging her best friend's matchmaking efforts.

When George, a homeless alcoholic, and his loud, horse-sized German shepherd, Bella, start hawking newspapers outside her studio, Kate attempts to convince them to leave. Instead, the three strike up an unlikely friendship.

Then Kate finds George's dead body. The police dismiss it as a drug-related street crime, but Kate knows he was no drug dealer. Now she must solve George's murder and find someone willing to adopt his intimidating companion before Bella is sent to the big dog park in the sky. With the murderer on her trail, Kate has to work fast or her next Corpse Pose may be for real.


My thoughts: I was so excited to read another Yoga themed cozy mystery. If you remember I read and reviewed Down Dog Diary earlier this month. This one is very different from that one, but still focuses on yoga. I love what I have read so far. Wait until you meet George!

I'm also reading:
About the Book: It's Davis Way's first slot-tournament season. And it may be her last.

Things are dicey at work. A personal assistant goes missing, a little old lady goes on a suspicious winning streak, and a Bellissimo executive goes gaga for Davis. She follows a disappearing slot-tournament player trail to the So Help Me God Pentecostal Church in Beehive, Alabama, then jumps headlong into a high stakes holy scandal.

She's on a losing streak at home, too. Her days, nights, and dinners run together, as Davis juggles a revolving door of uninvited guests, namely her rotten ex-ex-husband, Eddie Crawford. And Bradley Cole thinks three's a crowd.

The worst? Davis doesn't feel so hot. Maybe it's the banana pudding, or maybe it's a little bundle of something else.


My thoughts: Definitely has its hilarious moments, but due to life events happening, I just can't get through it. Does remind me a little bit of Janet Evanovich.


2 comments :

  1. Nice! Those are new to me! Hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading The Stranger You Know by Andrea Kane :)

    ReplyDelete