Thursday, January 9, 2014

My New Blogging Schedule


I have a new blogging schedule for the new year. It’s already started, but I wanted to share it with you and my thoughts for creating a schedule.


As last year was coming to a close, I reviewed what I liked and didn’t like about my blog and also reviewed some site statistics and came to the conclusion that 1) I should add more book discussion to my blog and 2) not require of myself to post a certain number of book reviews. With those two main goals, I created the following schedule:


Sunday: I will again be participating in Sunday Post. I used to participate in this meme and enjoyed it. I will make it part of the book discussion, share personal happenings, books I've received, and other exciting things.


Monday: I will be participating in It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? meme hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey, sharing and discussing my current read(s).


Tuesday: I will share a guest post or an author interview. If I don't have one, there won't be a post.


Wednesday: This will be the day I post book review(s), whether I have one or more they will all be posted on Wednesday. This way I will not feel pressured to read more than one book a week. However, if I do I can continue to share all my reviews.


Thursday: I will be discussing books, sharing book lists, and other topics of blogger note. This will be a very wide open topic and I do have some fun ideas I hope I can incorporate in here.


Friday: off
Saturday: off


While I was researching this topic, there were many opinions on blogging schedules. Some said it would be too rigid and not allow the blogger to be creative, and others said it would help with consistency for posts.


I am a schedule person and feel that a blogging schedule is important to me. I have always had one and try to keep it as general as possible. I also think it’s important to review your blog and make changes and what better time than the first of the year.


What are your thoughts and ideas on a blogging schedule?

And thanks to Parajunkee for the free graphics header!

 

3 comments :

  1. I only blog Mon through Fri unless I am participating in an event. Scheduling a couple of days off help me stay sane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really feel it's important to keep the sanity so it doesn't wear on us and we can continue to share what we love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'm dedicated enough to follow a schedule. That's why I love Top Ten Tuesday, because I can draft the post weeks or months in advance so when I go, "Oh, it's Tuesday?" I have proactively saved my own butt lol

    ReplyDelete