Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Interview with Eva Fejos ~ Worldwind Virtual Book Tours


As part of the Blog Tour, I was given the opportunity to interview Eva. Thanks for taking the time!! I love getting to know a few personal things about authors.



Where were you born and where do you call home? Who shares home with you?

I was born in Budapest. The beautiful Hungarian capital is my home, and I’m living there with my partner.

Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?

I think even fairy tales and children’s books inspired me to write. István Fekete’s novels probably gave me the first real push, but of course, any book that I’d read – whether I liked it or not – steered me in this direction. All of them helped me start writing. 

How did you choose the genre you write in?

I’ve always loved novels, and ever since I was a teenager, I’ve wanted to write about something that also interests me as a reader. This is how I arrived at so-called ‘women’s literature’ or entertaining literature. Nearly all of my stories have several parallel storylines, and usually my female characters are quite strong. This genre allows a writer great liberty, but to tell you the truth, I don’t really care for such pigeonholes. I write what I feel like writing. This gives me pleasure and hopefully offers the same to my readers. 

Can you tell us about your upcoming or just released book?

Bangkok Transit is my first best-seller which has now been published in English as well. I think it’s an international story with cosmopolitan heroes, and so I hope the English readers will also love this book. The original, Hungarian version of the book was a huge success in Hungary. It may be interesting to note that over the years, I’ve seen quite a few young couples discovering Bangkok with my book in their hands, looking up places I wrote about in the novel.


Of the seven people whose paths cross in Bangkok Transit, who do you identify with the most? Who do you identify with the least?

My Hungarian heroine, Teri, is naturally very dear to me. We grew up in the same location, in the Óbuda area of Budapest. She walks around and eats ice cream in the same places I used to and so on, but otherwise our stories are different. When I write, I’m a little bit of everyone. I relate to each individual as I write about them. Perhaps I’m detached from David’s character the most, but otherwise, I’m quite fond of him, despite of his contradictory personality. I often distinctly hated him for the way he behaved with women. But even, despite of this, he is ‘with me’ too. He is my hero, even though we barely agree on anything… or rather said, we do agree on one thing only: that love can conquer all.    

What led you to write this book?

What other answer could I give than: because this is what I wanted to write about? Those topics were occupying my mind at that time; those words came because those were the issues that interested me. The story takes place in one of my favorite cities. Bangkok can offer some mystery to all of it’s visitors.  

If you could change ONE thing about your novel, what would it be?  Why?

Some changes definitely would be necessary if I reread this novel again, but I don’t usually dwell on such things. If this was how I had to write that time, it was for a reason. So my answer is: I would change nothing in the novel now.

What other books are similar to your own?  What makes them alike?

I like books with unique tone and unique stories. I believe that I have confident and strong voice, so I don’t want to tell you that mine is similar to anybody else’s.

What books have influenced your writing?

I. e. Anna Gavalda’s Hunting and Gathering, Nick Hornby’s and Jonathan Tropper’s novels.


Your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad –

I’m happy about them. My book is out of my hands by then, and it is free to shape its own life. I’m glad if the readers like it, but I also know that you can’t please everyone. And that’s just fine.


If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you?

J. K. Rowling and her magical tools. Rafa Nadal tennis player and his confidence, strengths and positive thinking. Nigella Lawson and her cooking talent.


Don't forget to check out her awesome book!! Details below.

ABOUT THE BOOK
Bangkok: a sizzling, all-embracing, exotic city where the past and the present intertwine. It’s a place where anything can happen… and anything really does happen. The paths of seven people cross in this metropolis. Seven seekers, for whom this city might be a final destination. Or perhaps it is only the start of a new journey? A successful businessman; a celebrated supermodel; a man who is forever the outsider; a young mother who suddenly loses everything; a talented surgeon, who could not give the woman he loved all that she desired; a brothel’s madam; and a charming young woman adopted at birth. Why these seven? Why did they come to Bangkok now, at the same time? Do chance encounters truly exist?
Bangkok Transit is a Central European best-seller. The author, Eva Fejos, a Hungarian writer and journalist, is a regular contributor to women’s magazines and is often herself a featured personality. Bangkok Transit was her first best-seller, which sold more than 100,000 copies and is still selling. Following the initial publication of this novel in 2008, she went on to write twelve other best-sellers, thus becoming a publishing phenomena in Hungary According to accounts given by her readers, the author’s books are “therapeutic journeys,” full of flesh and blood characters who never give up on their dreams. Many readers have been inspired to change the course of their own lives after reading her books. “Take your life into your own hands,” is one of the important messages the author wishes to convey.
 PURCHASE THE BOOK


ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Eva Fejos worked in one of the largest Hungarian women’s magazines, Nők Lapja (Women’s Journal), as a journalist from 2001 until 2012. She was the recipient of both the Award for Quality Journalism and the Award for Excellence.

She is tremendously fond of traveling. Her many experiences give a personal touch to her exciting, propelling, and exotic novels. Fejos's first Hungarian best-seller book, Bangkok transit, reached the top of the best-seller list within one month of its publication.

Following the initial publication of this novel in 2008, she has gone on to write twelve other best-sellers, making her a publishing phenomena in Hungary. According to the many accounts given by her readers, the author's books are "therapeutic journeys," full of flesh and blood characters who never give up on their dreams. Many readers have been inspired to change the course of their own lives after reading her books. "Take your life into your own hands" is one of the important messages the author wishes to convey.

This tour is brought to you by  
To view the entire Bangkok Transit Tour,  

1 comment :

  1. "Asian Beat" is told from the POV replica handbags of Mushi, who in spite of all of his problems has been discovering that others may have hermes outlet things almost as bad: an honors student has been pestering him to help him become a drug dealer so fendi replica that he can keep making payments to students who are extorting him. In http://www.cityofwestwego.com/home.asp "The Grey Town", Jam takes the reigns of the narrative, and we find out that she's got even worse social problems than replica gucci Mushi. Mushi, for all his problems, still goes to school regularly and is able to smooth-talk his way out of trouble; Jam, on the other hand, seems to be emotionally underdeveloped (she carries belts replica around a stuffed animal, gives people the silent treatment, and gets violent when her buttons are pushed) and relies on Yuki to prada replica solve her problems. The last chapter is much shorter and deals with Yuki's interactions with his real and surrogate families, mainly focusing on the way he watches over Mushi in the aftermath chanel outlet of his father's visits. These three chapters are even less organized around a straightforward plot than "The Town": while they are laid out chronologically (barring the occasional flashback), almost louis vuitton outlet all of the conflicts explored in this section of the book are left unresolved by last page.

    ReplyDelete