Saturday, April 16, 2016

Borrowing from the Library for Kindle

It’s amazing to me how many people don’t know you can borrow books from the library on your Kindle. When I first started borrowing books on my Kindle, and specifically cozies, the number was very limited. That number has increased immensely in all genres. I guess the attage that if you want your library to get more books you need to make sure you make use of your library.


This library is through your state online library, not your local library, well in a sense. There should be a link on your local library’s website linking you to their online library. You do need to be a member of one of those libraries to gain access. It’s simple! Use your barcode on the back of your library code and your pin/password and you have a new library all available at your fingertips.

Accessing the book(s) once checked out, is done through Amazon (for the Kindle). You will need to have internet access or your Kindle should be hooked up to your computer. You can borrow the book for up to 21 days. This may be different for libraries, but there is definitely a renew option if no one else has a hold on the book.

I frequently find myself browsing all the new additions to my online library and there is a wish list that makes collecting those wishes very easy. Add that wish list to your TBR and whoa, you have now just exceeded what you can read in a lifetime.



This is just one of the ways I love to feed my addiction!!


No comments :

Post a Comment