Thursday, June 23, 2016

#TBT Final Catcall by Sofie Kelly


Today's stop will be at the library in Mayville Heights, Minnesota to visit with Kathleen and her two magical cats Owen and Hercules. We can check out a book in the beautiful Carnegie library or if we stay long enough have fun at the threatre festival that will be in town. There's always Eric's Place for good food and company. Hopefully we don't get confused with Old Main Street and Main Street, but Kathleen can explain all of that later if she has time. Kathleen's has in town boyfriend, Marcus, and ex-boyfriend, Andrew, who just came into town are both vying for her time.


There is so much going on with the threatre festival coming to town. Kathleen's parents are in the business and so she understands a lot of what is needed. Helping out best she can, she finds her hands full with the dead body her and Andrew found while delivering supplies to the marina.


Title: Final Catcall
Series: Magical Cats Mystery #5
Author: Sofie Kelly
Publish Date: October 1, 2013
Publisher: Signet
Source: ARC from Author

This is the first book I've read of this series. I did not find myself lost in this cozy town at all. I did get lost in the story and enjoyed all the characters. I also found that I want to go back and read the earlier books in the series.

Characters: My favorite character of the entire book was Thea Paulson, Kathleen’s mom. What a character she was. Sweeping in and with her colorful personality and loving ways she was instantly someone I identified with. Kathleen has made great friendships in this small town with Maggie, Roma, Abigail, Mary and Susan. I was a little skeptical about how well I would enjoy the magical cats. They definitely had their place in the story.

Location and Setting: This is a very cozy town. My favorite location was the library. I loved the Carnegie library description and actually had to look up what one was to understand it fully. Not living in an older part of the United States we don't get old buildings quite like that.
Crime: Kathleen was a level headed sleuth. As she begins her investigation, she has a lot of information that could lead her almost anywhere. As she sifts through the suspects and information, I was thoroughly intrigued with the story.  

Romance: Being plagued with two loves in her life, Kathleen is certain she's done with the one. However, has he changed? And is Marcus really interested? The romance was very mild and just enough that it did not dominate the story.


No comments :

Post a Comment