Series: Dinner Club Mystery #1
Author: Linda Wiken
Publish Date: July 5, 2016
Source: Arc from NetGalley
About the Book:
Event planner Jennifer “J.J.” Tanner has a full plate, but that’s the way she likes it. First, it’s her turn to choose the recipe for the next meeting of the Culinary Capers Dinner Club, a gathering of foodie friends who experiment with entrées for their creative and gastronomical pleasure. Second, she’s organizing an Italian princess party for the twenty-one-year-old daughter of a high-tech millionaire.
But one thing J.J. didn’t plan on is that the caterer for the event—hotshot chef Antonio Marcotti—would end up murdered the night of the party. Or that she’d end up being a prime suspect after having had a heated argument with the unscrupulous chef. Now it’s up to J.J.—with help from her fellow Club members and a handsome if mysterious private eye—to turn the tables on the real killer...
This book had its ups and downs for me, but overall I enjoyed it!
What I liked about the book:
- There was a lot going on.
- The dinner club idea and JJ’s foodie friends.
- Event planning, wish I could do that for a living!
- J.J. was a fun sleuth, working with those she knew and those she had just recently met.
- Devine. (I just realized how close that is to divine.)
- The Italians, for their cooking and their families.
- That we didn’t have to hear all about J.J.’s prior life and why she had relocated to Half Moon Bay.
There wasn’t a lot that I didn’t like about the book. I was able to connect with each of the characters and enjoyed the role that they played in the story. Sometimes I felt like the story was dragging, but would quickly pick up pace after a couple pages.
Excited to see what the next book brings for Make It Happen and J.J.