Monday, November 28, 2016

Buttercream Bump Off by Jenn McKinlay

Title: Buttercream Bump Off
Series: Cupcake Mystery Bakery #2
Author: Jenn McKinlay
Publish Date: January 4, 2011
Publisher: Berkley
Source: Library

Amazon | Goodreads


About the Book:
Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura's Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery is gearing up for Valentine's Day. Unfortunately someone has iced Baxter Malloy on his first date with Mel's mother. Now Mom's a suspect, and Mel and Angie need to find time around frosting to dig into the man's shady past and discover who served him his just desserts.


My Review:
Wow! The first book was amazing, but this one was even more amazing. Very entertaining from a well crafted murder mystery, to intertwined love stories. And Olivia Puckett continues to be Fairy Tale Cupcake’s nemesis.

Marty is a great addition to the characters. I would love to see him continue in the next books. It seems like the author has pretty much covered the spectrum with the variety of characters. From older, like Marty and Joyce, to younger, like Alma, and everywhere in between. I enjoy how the stories just continue to weave and unfold. And yes that is multiple stories.

I am so excited to continue this series. I always have to be careful that I don’t get series overload or burned out. I think this is why I usually find myself reading more than one book at a time.



No comments :

Post a Comment