Monday, November 7, 2016

Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay

Title: Sprinkle with Murder
Series: Cupcake Bakery Mystery #1
Author: Jenn McKinley
Publish Date: March 2, 2010
Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime
Source: Library


About the Book:
Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura are finally living out their dream as the proud owners of the Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery. But their first big client is a nightmare. She's a bridezilla who wants 500 custom cupcakes for her wedding.

When Mel stumbles upon the bride-to-be dead-by-cupcake, she becomes the prime suspect. To save themselves and their business, the ladies need to find the real murderer, before the cupcake killer ices someone else.


My Review:
I can’t believe I waited so long to start this series. In one sitting and pressed for time I was a quarter of the way done. The next day in a couple of different sittings, I was able to finish it. I am now waiting for book two from the library. Only one person in front of me, so shouldn’t be too long of a wait.

I was immediately drawn to the characters and their relationships; overprotective mother, watchful uncle, best friends, and even the other relationships revealed. This was definitely a cozy mystery with a little bit of drama, drama outside of the mystery. I also liked that the small town feel, even though it is definitely in a large city. Love to see someone’s perception of such a cozy neighborhood.

The mystery was also engaging. Definitely had me fooled until revealed at the end.

Cannot wait until I can read book two!!


No comments :

Post a Comment