Monday, December 5, 2016

Between Sisters by Kristin Hannah

Title: Between Sisters
Author: Kristin Hannah
Publish Date: June 1, 2004
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Source: Library

About the Book:
Meghann Dontess is a woman haunted by heartbreak. Twenty-five years ago she was forced to make a terrible choice, one that cost her everything, including the love of her sister, Claire. Now, Meghann is a hotshot divorce attorney who doesn’t believe in intimacy–-until she meets the one man who can change her mind.

Claire Cavenaugh has fallen in love for the first time in her life. As her wedding day approaches, she prepares to face her harsh, judgmental older sister and their self-absorbed mother. It is the first time they have been together in more than two decades. Over the course of a hot Pacific Northwest summer, these three women who believe they have nothing in common will try to become what they never were: a family.


My Review:
I read this book for a book club I just joined. They chose the book because they had just read Nightingale by Kristin Hannah and enjoyed it so much they wanted to see if her other writing was just as good. (I haven’t read Nightingale, but it is in my TBR list.) I had read Firefly Lane and so Kristin was not stranger to me. I gave that book five stars.

I just didn’t enjoy this book was well. It wasn’t horrible, maybe it was just me, but I felt like I was just going along with a story. There wasn’t any ups and downs until the very end. There was definitely curiousity on my part for the entire story, but I was just not amazed like I was in Firefly Lane.

I’m also not sure if it was my edition, but the story line would change from Megan to Claire to Joe, etc. but there was no indication. It was just the paragraphs flowed together like a regular story. I did find this confusing which did distract from the enjoyment as well.

All in all, I did enjoy the story and the journey. If you’re looking for wow, probably not this book.



No comments :

Post a Comment