Monday, December 19, 2016

Death by the Dozen by Jenn McKinlay

Title: Death by the Dozen
Series: Cupcake Bakery Mystery #3
Author: Jenn McKinlay
Publish Date: October 4, 2011
Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime
Source: borrowed from Library

Amazon | Goodreads


About the Book:
Melanie and Angie are determined to win the Challenge to the Chef to promote their Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery. Mel's mentor from culinary school, Vic Mazzotta, may be one of the judges, but Mel and Angie will have to win fair and square. But, when Vic's dead body is found inside a freezer truck, Mel and Angie will need to use their best judgment to find the cold-blooded killer or they may lose more than the contest- they may lose their lives.



My Review:
This series has me hooked!! I don’t usually binge read a series because I have a tendency to get bored. Even if the series is totally awesome. I haven’t really binged read these books, as I have read other books in between, but it’s like I couldn’t wait for this to be next on my list.

The author has done an amazing job with the character. Mel, Angie, and Tate being best friends but also complicated relationships definitely has you reading faster to find out what is going to happen. And there are plenty of laughs with Angie’s brothers and their all consuming worry of Angie and remotely inherited to Mel. Oz has me definitely on my seat to see where things go with him and also Roach.

The mystery was twisty and had me guessing, but more doubting my guess until proved otherwise. Loved the food competition and all the back history with culinary school.

If you haven’t read this series yet, then you definitely need to give it a try. It is definitely not just another culinary cozy mystery.


No comments :

Post a Comment